Theodore Wood (1824-1895) was born in New York. He became a teacher of music and was superintendent of music in the public schools at Albany, Saratoga, Sandy Hill, and Lansingburgh, New York. He taught privately, gave class instruction in vocal music, and was music leader at Fourth Presbyterian Church in Albany. He led singing conventions throughout the region and was often assisted by his brother Robert M. Wood, who was also a musician. He later left New York and moved to North Carolina. He taught classes on congregational music at churches in a number of locations including Asheville and Pine Bluff. He died in Morganton, North Carolina. He wrote music for pedagogical use, arranged songs for performance by musical troupes and published the Heavenly choir: a collection of hymns and tunes for all occasions of worship, congregational, church, prayer, praise, choir, Sunday school, and social Meetings (1876).
All are mixed chorus unless noted; some contain divisi.