Milton Z. Tinker (1834-1914) was born in Kingsville, Ohio, and grew up farming in the summer and attending the common schools in winter. He attended singing schools and musical conventions, then taught school and gave singing lessons. He attended the Normal Musical Institute in Chicago and studied with William Bradbury, C. M. Cady and others. He then began teaching musical conventions and institutions for a number of years. He introduced and superintended vocal music in the public schools of Terre Haute, Indiana, and held a similar position in Evansville, Indiana, for over thirty years. He was choir director at Walnut Street Presbyterian Church, leader of the Philharmonic Society, Lyric Society, and Ideal Opera Club. He is credited of instilling a sense of community in Evansville and fostering an arts culture. The Tinker Memorial Organ was installed in the town’s coliseum in 1917 and the University of Evansville still holds a Tinker Memorial Concert. He wrote a number of songs and hymns. He died in Evansville.
All are mixed chorus unless noted; some contain divisi.