Nathan Lowe Glover (1842-1923) was born in Coshocton County, Ohio, and was educated in the country schools. His father and mother both sang and his father led the music in the village church using only a tuning fork. During the Civil War, He served in the 143rd Regiment, Ohio Infantry. He learned what he could about music from an army bunk mate, which was limited to singing in the keys of C and G, using the syllables. Returning from the war, he decided to pursue music against the wishes of his father. He studied music under N. Coe Stewart and Max North, held singing schools, and assisted Stewart in several normal schools. In 1872, he was hired as a vocal music teacher for the Akron schools. At first, he was the only music teacher, going to each school and conducting a music class in each room about every two weeks. He organized annual music festivals and formed glee clubs and choruses in each high school. Later, he became supervisor of music, coordinating the work of a staff of itinerant music teachers. Several neighboring towns also hired him to teach music. One school changed their weekend day off from Saturday to Monday so that they could facilitate his schedule. He served in the Akron schools for 49 years. He was succeeded by his daughter, Nellie Glover. He was a charter member of the Music Teachers National Association and founded Ohio Music Teachers’ Association. He was an officer, singer and director of the Apollo Musical Club, director of the Akron Choral Society, choir director of First Baptist Church, the First Methodist Church, and was a member of the quartet at the First Congregational Church. All the quartet members were personal friends of President McKinley and the group was active in his presidential campaign. He composed and compiled music and method books for music educators. The Glover Community Learning Center in Akron is named after him.
All are mixed chorus unless noted; some contain divisi.