William Leonard Blumenschein (1849-1916) was born in Brensbach, Germany and studied at the Leipzig Conservatory. He emigrated to the U.S. and first lived in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He moved to Ohio and briefly worked as an organist and choral conductor in Portsmouth and Ironton. He settled in Dayton where he was director of the Dayton Philharmonic Society for thirty years. He was director of the Springfield Orpheus society, the Ohio Saengerfests, and the Cincinnati May Music Festival. He also was organist at Third Street Presbyterian Church, Dayton. He composed piano pieces, anthems, songs, and part-songs.
All are mixed chorus unless noted; some contain divisi.